Yoga for Healthy Knees Pain Prevention and Rehabilitation

Yoga for Healthy Knees: What You Need to Know for Pain Prevention and Rehabilitation (Rodmell Press Yoga Shorts)

Yoga for Healthy Knees: What You Need to Know for Pain Prevention and Rehabilitation (Rodmell Press Yoga Shorts)

This book is really helping my knees. I have been doing these exercises on a regular basis and my knees are feeling better every day. It is a great supplement to my beginning yoga practice and is helping me to not be discouraged when my knees ask me to stop trying. I just switch to some of the exercises in this book and they help me get back to it.

  • 96 pages
  • Publisher: Rodmell Press
  • in English
  • dimension 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches
  • weight 7.8 ounces
  • ISBN 1930485085
  • ISBN13: 9781930485082
  • Condition: New
  • Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
By time she was in her early twenties, Sandy Blaine was facing multiple traumatic knee injuries that left her in constant pain. After enduring extensive physical therapy with limited results, Blaine was amazed when a six-month exploration of Iyengar yoga caused her knee pain to disappear completely. Spurred by curiosity and gratitude to find out how this was possible, Blaine made a thorough investigation into recovering from knee pain through the practice of yoga. Her discoveries are revealed in Yoga for Healthy Knees. The book features 17 unique yoga poses tuned specifically to knee health and a complete index and covers knee problems such as hyperextension and tightness, features an extensive section on the best yoga poses for knee pain prevention and rehabilitation, and outlines a daily knee maintenance plan. Blaine explains how to incorporate use of simple props like blankets and towels, and shares safety guidelines that encourage readers to establish good habits, making healthy knees a part of everyday life.
Rating:
Normal Price: $ 9.95 Price: More details

***** Great book, the exercises started improving a chronic knee and hip joint pain and weakness after just one session, I guess you could say that is some kind of minor miracle. What is really cool about this book is that there is a very limited number of exercises, so you are not overwhelmed and can easily get started and stay practicing. And, though this book is focused on the knees, I found it really good for limbering up my hip joints and back as well.

I didn't know this prior to purchasing, but the author uses the Iyengar method, which focuses on alignment and correct positioning. I studied with a teacher who used this method way back in the day before yoga went mainstream, and Iyengar still is, to me, in the spirit of true hatha yoga.


**** I continue to do yoga after right knee replacement surgery. Does this book give you tips on how to protect your knee after surgery? Does it give suggestions on modifying poses? .

***** This book is a must for Yoga teachers as their are so many people with sensitive knees and this is the right knowledge and approach.  The practice really works and heals.

**** I was a little disappointed that my beginner-level yoga practice already brought me to the same conclusions that I found in this book. But (and this is a big but) it was very nice to have the validation. Also, I liked that the model looked healthy and not gaunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment